Bearpit Karaoke

I went interrailing during the summer with some of my friends; we visited Amsterdam, Berlin, Prague, Krakow, Budapest, Zagreb and finished the trip in Split. They were probably the best three weeks of my life so far, there were so many unforgettable moments including a trip to Mauerpark in Berlin...

[That was such a smooth intro wow I'm proud of myself.]

I'll get to the point, there is this karaoke thing in Berlin which happens every Sunday (I believe) and is one of the funnest things you'll ever see in your life. When we went there were hundreds of people sitting around cheering, singing and dancing with each performer, you couldn't help but crack a smile and join in. People from all of over the world coming together for a couple of hours, there was no room for embarrassment, it didn't matter if you had an Adele like range or couldn't sing for your life, everyone was so supportive, it was like adopting new family for the afternoon.

My fave performers were Carlos from Mexico, who did an AMAZING rendition of Let It Go with all the verses in different languages, and the Mancunian who spoke/rapped/sang in his thick northern accent R Kelly's Ignition...

So basically, they did a little pop-up in London this week. Some of my inter railing friends and I went up to Vauxhall Gardens last night trying to recreate some of the summer memories!!

Sadly the English weather didn't cooperate and it was drizzling for most of the evening, but nevertheless is was SO GREAT. There were only about 50/60 people there, all sitting in deckchairs, cuddling up to blankets for warmth, but the energy was so good. Some real bangers were sung, we all sang happy birthday to one performer, a trio of friends had made a dance routine to Wannabe, we made a friend with a woman called Francine who was absolutely amazing and got everyone up and dancing. I was so upset when they had to round it all up and I had to go home. There is nothing as enjoyable as bonding with a group of tipsy strangers singing in a park in the rain. I had a smile on my face the whole evening, and can't help myself from beam when I think about the evening.

HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!

If you're in Berlin one Sunday afternoon, I would strongly urge you to go down and check it out! You don't have to get up and perform (I didn't!), you can sit back with a drink, sing, cheer, laugh and forget about everything else. It's such a surreal experience, something I've never encountered before. AND IT'S COMPLETELY FREE

5*s, please go, an unforgettable experience guaranteed.

Comments

Popular Posts