where the pancakes are

I've really been feeling pancakes recently, no idea why, I'm not a particularly pancake-y person, but the last fews weeks I have been craving them so much. Probably because I saw Zanna van Dijk go to this place in one of her vlogs and it stuck in my mind because the pancakes just looked so ace and they did vegan ones too.

(I have also never had good vegan pancakes; however, it's not like I've been on the hunt for vegan pancakes, I rarely have them and don't like banana which is usually the base for many vegan pancake recipes, so take from that what you will).

So, on the hunt for pancakes I dragged one of my best friends up to London for brunch at Where the pancakes are.

I ordered a matcha latte and the simple pancakes with maple syrup, wanting something fuss free, as I am quite picky.

It did not disappoint.

The matcha was gorgeous, really thick and yummy, and the pancakes, oh my god, they were so fluffy and DIDNT TASTE HEALTHY (this is one of my pet-peeves about some vegan food, when people assume if you're vegan you want to eat all healthy, 'clean' food. I mean sure I want to eat well but I want actual pancakes not these weird tasting fake ones!! [possibly this is a rant for another day...]). They weren't food-coma inducing, not really heavy or anything like that, I just mean they tasted like traditional buttermilk pancakes. They were a work of art.

My friend ordered the forest berries, which looked gorgeous and she said tasted amazing too. Of course I had a bit of a nosey and every dish that came out of the kitchen had my mouth watering, it all looked amazing and I wish I could have tried everything.

My only slight annoyance was that opting for vegan pancakes cost an extra £2, which was why I chose to stick to the simple ones. Nevertheless I will definitely be back, I really want to go for a lunch and try the vegan salad and also the forest berries and hummingbird dishes.


Defo check this place out if you're looking for a brunch destination or have a craving for pancakes.



Comments

Popular Posts